EVALUATION OF ALTERNATIVE SHIP ORGANIZATIONS
This report analyzes a number of alternative ship's organizations, with emphasis on the ship's capability to accomplish organic maintenance. As an integral part of the Ship Support Improvement Project (SSIP) AND A LOGICAL FOLLOW-ON TO THE Fleet Manpower Policy Study (FMPS), the analyses are a first effort to prescribe and evaluate solutions to the manning imbalance problems identified in the FMPS. The report documents the identification and development of alternatives and quantifies, via simulations, the anticipated impact of the alternatives on organic work accomplishment.
Presearch Incorporated2361 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA USA 22202
- Holmes, R A
- Smith, G H
- White, T A
- Bergeron, D A
- Publication Date: 1977-9-30
- Pagination: 292 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Alternatives analysis; Deployment; Frigates; Guided missiles; Hours of labor; Labor; Labor market; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Management; Manning requirements; Military personnel; Military vessels; Navy personnel; Personnel management; Scheduling; Shipboard personnel; Ships; Simulation; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Management systems; Ship maintenance; Shipboard maintenance; Systems management; Work
- Old TRIS Terms: Manhours; Military force levels; Naval personnel
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00180960
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PI-TR-355 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00024-77-C-4152
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM