RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN THE MCCLELLAN-KERR ARKANSAS RIVER NAVIGATION SYSTEM AREA
This report brings together data and description of demographic, economic development, and public sectors which identify current conditions in the area of the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System for the years 1971-1974. The project includes the navigation channel extending from the Mississippi River to Catoosa, Oklahoma and the three major upstream lakes which were originally authorized in the navigation plan, costing over $1.2 billion. The primary impact area described in the report includes 28 counties bordering the waterway and the three upstream lakes.
Institute for Water ResourcesU.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 7701 Telegraph Road
Alexandria, VA USA 22315-3868
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 141 p.
- TRT Terms: Dams; Economic analysis; Economics; Electric power generation; Flood protection; Hydroelectric power generation; Inland waterways; Inland waterways traffic; Locks (Waterways); Natural resources; Navigation; Policy; Recreation; Rivers; Ship pilotage; Water resources; Water traffic
- Geographic Terms: Arkansas; Oklahoma
- Old TRIS Terms: Inland waterways economics; Inland waterways navigation; River navigation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Marine Transportation; Policy; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00180920
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: IWR-RR-77-R1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM