NEW SYSTEM FOR NUMBERING FREIGHT CARS IN U.S.S.R.
Soviet Railways, in cooperation with the U.I.C. and satelite countries, developed a numbering system for freight cars that would facilitate to identify the ownership, and type of car for international interchange purposes and for detail identification of physical characteristics of the car for internal distribution and computer and data transmission purposes. A brief examination at the numbering system is provided.
- The original article appeared in Railroad Transport, Issue 58 1963, authored by L. P. Tulupov.
Chesapeake and Ohio RailwayTerminal Tower, PO Box 6419
Cleveland, OH USA 44101
- Publication Date: 1963
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Issue Number: 5
- TRT Terms: Classification; Freight cars; Railroad cars; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Russia (Federation)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00040075
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM