MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 8, NUMBER 1
The report contains case summaries of recent in-depth reports sponsored by the Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Teams in a continuing series of publications. Accidents are studied involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity. The Teams investigate each accident in-depth concerning themselves with each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The summaries of the accident investigation consist of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the driver and occupants involved (with their injuries), a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is also included.
- See also PB-264 081.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 496 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Design standards; Fatalities; Highways; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Research; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00180895
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803 339
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM