CONTROL STATION DESIGN CONCEPTS FOR CENTER CONSOLE, DECK AND PONTOON BOATS
These Control Station Design Concepts were developed by the U.S. Coast Guard to assist boatbuilders and designers in planning the control stations of various types of boats. These concepts are non regulatory. Instead they are suggestions based on human factors engineering techniques which if followed will provide adequate visibility, space and control orientations for 90% of the user population. At the same time the designer will be minimizing safety hazards within the control station. Flexibility should be used in applying these concepts to individual designs.
Wyle Laboratories128 Maryland Street
El Segundo, CA USA 90245
- MacNeill, R
- Publication Date: 1977-11-1
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Boats; Control systems; Human factors engineering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00180849
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-68-77
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-40672-A
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 2002 12:00AM