RIDE SHARING AND PARK AND RIDE: AN ASSESSMENT OF PAST EXPERIENCE AND PLANNING METHODS FOR THE FUTURE. VOLUME II. THE VAN POOL PLANNING MANUAL
Contents: Service and operating characteristics; Socioeconomic characteristics of van poolers; Estimating the costs of van pooling; Estimating the benefits of a van pool program; Regulatory barriers to van pooling; Institutional incentives to van pooling; Implementing a company-sponsored van pool program; Van pool costs; Some tax considerations for van pooling; Selected state legislation regarding van pooling. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
- See also Volume 1, PB-282408 and Volume 3, PB-282410. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E11, PB-282407-SET.
University of Illinois, ChicagoSchool of Urban Sciences
Chicago, IL United States 60680
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Johnson, C
- Sen, A K
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Benefit cost analysis; Estimates; Guidelines; Information processing; Laws; Legislation; Level of service; Local government; Manuals; Marketing; Park and ride; Planning; Project management; Publicity; Regulations; Ridesharing; Taxation; Transportation operations; Urban transportation; Vanpools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00180821
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-RSPA-DPB50-78-10Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60131
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 14 1981 12:00AM