RIDE SHARING AND PARK AND RIDE: AN ASSESSMENT OF PAST EXPERIENCE AND PLANNING METHODS FOR THE FUTURE. VOLUME I. CAR POOL PLANNING MANUAL
The document is a planning package (guidelines, estimating procedures, examples and computer software) for the highway oriented para-transit modes of car pooling, van pooling, and park and ride. The package is designed to be a reference to the planner who, for example, must assess the regional or sub-regional potential of one of these modes for TSM planning, or who, at a later stage, must estimate the costs and benefits of implementing that mode or, still later, must target specific companies, stations or areas for actual implementation. The package contains four individual reports, a Service Area Identification Methodology computer program, and an Executive Summary. The reports are the following: The Car Pool Planning Manual; The Van Pool Planning Manual; The Park and Ride Planning Manual; The Service Area Identification Methodology Report (SAIM).
- See also Volume 2, PB-282409. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E11, PB-282407-SET.
University of Illinois, ChicagoSchool of Urban Sciences
Chicago, IL United States 60680
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Sen, A K
- Johnson, C
- Kerchowskas, K
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 174 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Benefit cost analysis; Carpools; Estimates; Guidelines; Information processing; Level of service; Local government; Marketing; Paratransit services; Park and ride; Planning; Project management; Publicity; Ridesharing; Software; Transportation operations; Urban transportation; Vanpools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00180820
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-RSPA-DPB-50-78-9Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60131
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 14 1981 12:00AM