AIR QUALITY IMPACTS OF TRANSIT IMPROVEMENT, PREFERENTIAL LANE, AND CARPOOL PROGRAMS: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY OF DEMONSTRATION AND ANALYTICAL EXPERIENCE
In accordance with the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1977, the Environmental Protection Agency is evaluating the use and cost-effectiveness of alternative short-range transit fare and service improvement strategies, carpool and vanpool strategies, and strategies involving the preferential treatment of high occupancy vehicles to improve air quality in urban areas. The evaluation of individual strategies and combinations of the above strategies includes their emission and air quality impacts and their related energy, noise, and economic impacts. A comprehensive literature review was also conducted, as part of this evaluation, to identify both observed and projected travel, emission, air quality, energy, noise, and economic impacts of the short-range low-cost strategies of interest.
- Prepared in cooperation with Engineering-Science, Inc., McLean, Va. Sponsored in part by Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C. See also PB-282346.
Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Company1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Engineering-Science, Incorporated7903 Westpark Drive
McLean, VA United States 22102
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Transportation & Land Use Policy, 401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20460
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- DiRenzo, J F
- Rubin, R B
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Bibliographies; Carpools; Coordination; Cost effectiveness; Economic impacts; Energy conservation; Environmental impacts; Exhaust gases; Freeways; Fuel consumption; Highway traffic; Level of service; Meteorology; Planning; Public transit; Sound level; Strategic planning; Transportation operations; Travel; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00180810
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ERA-400-2-78-002B Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-3912
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 14 1981 12:00AM