OFFSHORE PIPELINE FACILITY SAFETY PRACTICES. VOLUME I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This report presents an evaluation of the state-of-the-art of the design, construction, operation and maintenance of offshore pipeline facilities, an identification of potential hazards to operation, and a review of selected pipeline safety regulations. This report includes an appraisal of existing domestic and foreign practices, a determination of their adequacy for assuring safe operation, and an analysis of the need for additional research and development and of the need for regulatory changes or other action by Federal agencies and/or industry to guarantee safe operation of offshore pipeline facilities. The conclusions and recommendations are based on an evaluation of the experiences and information gathered from both domestic and foreign sources, combined with a literature search and review of existing codes and procedures relating to offshore pipelines.
- See also Offshore Pipeline Facility Safety Practices, Volume II. Main Text, PB-281867/2ST, available from NTIS.
Dravo Van Houten, IncorporatedOne Penn Plaza
New York, NY USA 10001
Department of TransportationOffice of Pipeline Safety, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Funge, W J
- Chang, K S
- Juran, D I
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Design; Hazards; Maintenance; Offshore structures; Pipeline safety; Pipeline transportation; Pipelines; Regulations; Safety; Safety engineering; State of the art; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline construction; Pipeline design; Pipeline maintenance
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00180777
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/MTB/OPSO-77/13 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60103
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM