AN AIR PASSENGER AND AIR FREIGHT SERVICE STUDY FOR THE LAKE CHARLES MUNICIPAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY
An Area's overall air traffic varies accordingly to many variables; industry, population, highway conditions, proximity to major city, etc. It has been concluded that the overall air traffic that is provided to the Lake Charles area by the regional air line, Texas International and the commuter airline, Royal, is good. This conclusion has been established by talking with different travel agencies, industry, businessmen, comparing flight schedules with other cities and talking to the individual airlines. A major topic in this study is the return flights from Houston and New Orleans. It is recommended that the different air lines talk to the U.S. Postal Service in Lake Charles to see if some of the mail can again be sent by air as it was a few years back. Tie down should be provided for private planes at the airport and also secure the hangers at Chenault for emergency use. If a new commuter line is allowed in Lake Charles, the airport authority should check into the financial stability of the commuter airline.
- Prepared in cooperation with League of Cities-Conference of Mayors, Inc., Washington, D.C. Contract HUD-H-2196R.
Lake Charles-McNeese Urban ObservatoryAttention: Document Librarian
Lake Charles, LA USA 70609
Department of Housing and Urban DevelopmentAssistant Secretary for Policy Development & Research
Washington, DC USA 20410
- Young, J C
- Owen, C K
- Publication Date: 1977-12-8
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Air traffic; Air transportation; Airlines; Airports; Civil aviation; Commuter airlines; Districts and authorities; Freight transportation; Level of service; Market research; Market surveys; Passenger transportation; Recommendations; Routes; Scheduling
- Identifier Terms: Lake Charles Municipal Airport
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Geographic Terms: Louisiana
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport authority; Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00180676
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UO-LCCN-LAC-77-017 Final Rpt., HUD/RES-1305
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM