CYCLE ROUTES IN PORTSMOUTH. 1. PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
TRRL is studying the use which is made of special facilities for cyclists and the effects of such provision on the behavior and attitudes of residents, cyclists, motorists and other groups of people affected. This report deals with work carried out up to the opening of the experimental cycle routes in Portsmouth on November 19th 1975. Detailed descriptions are given of the road signs and carriageway markings used to define the routes and of special junction layouts. Suggestions are made for methods of overcoming problems that appeared during the course of implementing the experimental routes. Arrangements for the assessment of the experiment are outlined.
- Also Pub. as ISSN 0305-1315.
Transport and Road Research LaboratoryOld Wokingham Road
Crowthorne RG11 6AU, Berkshire, England
- Quenault, S W
- Head, T V
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Bicycles; Facilities; Routes; Surveys; Traffic control; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental data
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00180656
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL-SUPPLEMENTARY-317
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 19 1981 12:00AM