SPECTROGRAPHIC ANALYSIS OF DIESEL ENGINE LUBRICATING OILS BY THE ROTATING PLATFORM METHOD
The most promising of a number of methods for analyzing wear products in diesel-engine lubricating oils were examined. With certain modifications, the rotating-platform technique shows advantages over the others, in terms of accuracy, (plus or minus 10%) sensitivity (1 ppm lead), speed (20 min. per sample), cleanliness, little smoke, no residue and versatility (quickly installed).
- Contributed by the Railroad Division of the ASME for presentation at the ASME-AIEE Railroad Conference Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, April 20-21, 1960.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Smith, J C
- Publication Date: 1960
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel locomotives; Locomotives; Lubricants; Motors; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Spectrography
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040062
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No 60-RR-5 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM