COST ESTIMATIONS FOR EMISSION CONTROL RELATED COMPONENTS SYSTEMS AND COST METHODOLOGY DESCRIPTION
This report presents estimates of the retail price equivalent (RPE) or "sticker price" for a variety of automotive exhaust emission control related components/systems. The author began with a three-level assumption as to industry makeup (suppplier, vehicle assembly, dealer) and used this standard approach along with assumptions as to production volume and the amounts of labor, overhead, tooling, administrative, and depreciation expenses and profit at the supplier level, tooling, research and development, and adminstrative expenses and profit at the vehicle assembly level, and labor, overhead, and profit at the dealer level to determine the RPE. Where little physical description of a component could be found, a "best guess: effort was made. A methodolgy description is also included. It should be noted that since a specific production volume was assumed in each case, the RPE estimates are valid only within some relevant range of production volumes.
- Prepared for Rath and Strong, Inc., Lexington, Mass.
Mechanical Technology, Incorporated968 Albany-Shaker Road
Latham, NY USA 12110
Rath and Strong, Incorporated21 Worthen Road
Lexington, MA USA 02173
Environmental Protection AgencyMobile Source Pollution Control Program
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48105
- Lindgren, LRH
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 378 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Air quality management; Automobiles; Costs; Depreciation; Development; Estimating; Labor costs; Research; Tools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Tooling
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00180533
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/460/3-78/002 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-03-3505
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM