PARATRANSIT--THE IDEA MAY BE NIFTY, BUT . .
Contents: Paratransit overview; Role of taxis in urban transportation (Taxis in Minnesota, Insurance perspective, General public perspective, Taxi service, Taxis for the handicapped, Taxis for the elderly); Vanpooling and carpooling; Paratransit around the world--ideas and leads for U.S. transportation; Metropolitan and urban transportation; Rural and small urban transportation; Planning considerations and problems in the delivery of paratransit services; Program, policy, funding information and operating regulations.
- Report based on a conference held in Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 18-20, 1977. Library of Congress Catalog Card no. 78-620654.
University of Minnesota, St PaulAgricultural Extension Service
St Paul, MN USA 55101
- Pickrel, L J
- Rogers, W C
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 202 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Automobiles; Carpools; City planning; Coordination; Level of service; Meetings; Mobility; Paratransit services; Passenger transportation; Physically handicapped persons; Policy; Regulations; Rural areas; Taxicabs; Urban transportation; Vanpools; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Services
- Geographic Terms: Minnesota
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00180520
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Special Rpt. 68-1978
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1981 12:00AM