ANALYTICAL STUDIES FOR THE U.S. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. VOLUME VIII. NOISE ABATEMENT: POLICY ALTERNATIVES FOR TRANSPORTATION
The report is a comprehensive discussion of the policy and legal issues involved in Noise Abatement Programs. It includes: information on the distribution of noise in the U.S., the trends in noise generation, the methods of noise measurement. It also provides an analysis of cost/benefit calculations with some illustrative examples.
- Library of Congress Catalog Card no. 77-87121.
National Research CouncilComm on Appraisal of Societal Consequences of Transp Noise
Washington, DC United States 20418
Environmental Protection Agency401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20460
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 203 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Airports; Benefit cost analysis; Decision making; Environmental impacts; Environmental protection; Federal government; Freight transportation; Highways; Jurisprudence and judicial processes; Legal factors; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Policy; Policy making; Public health; Regulations; Sound level; Transportation; Trend (Statistics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement; Noise reduction; Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Cargo transportation; Government policies; Government regulations; Noise generation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Law; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00180511
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISBN-0-309-02648-2
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-2430
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM