MOTOR VEHICLE EMISSIONS CONTROL. BOOK TWO. THERMOSTATIC AIR CLEANER SYSTEMS
The next emissions control system we will examine is the Thermostatic Air Cleaner system, abbreviated TAC. The TAC system helps in controlling auto emissions and also increases vehicle performance and driveability. This book contains: Introduction to emissions control (hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen, formation of hydrocarbons, formation of carbon monoxide, formation of oxides of nitrogen, ignition timing, and carburetion); System introduction; System/component purpose--(thermostatic type air cleaner, vacuum override motor, air valve type air cleaner, and air bleed valve-temperature sensor); System/component function (thermostatic type air cleaner, vacuum override motor, and air valve type air cleaner); system inspection; system testing (thermostatic type air cleaner test, vacuum override motor test and, air valve type air cleaner test).
- Also available in set of 7 reports PC E16, PB-279 594-SET.
Colorado State University, Fort CollinsDepartment of Industrial Sciences
Fort Collins, CO USA 80521
Environmental Protection AgencyControl Programs Development Division
Research Triangle Pk, NC USA 27711
- Hayes, B D
- Maness, M T
- RAGAZZI, R A
- Barrett, R A
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cleaners; Air quality management; Automobiles; Carbon monoxide; Carburetion; Carburetors; Design; Equipment; Exhaust gases; Forming; Hydrocarbons; Ignition; Inspection; Manifolds; Manuals; Motor vehicles; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Testing; Training; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Instructional materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution control devices; Automobile engines; Ignition time
- Subject Areas: Design; Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00180505
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/450/3-77-037 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-T008-135-01-0, EPA-T900-621-01-0
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM