14(C) HANDBOOK, RECONVEYING LAND, HANDBOOK FOR VILLAGE CORPORATIONS
The handbook provides assistance to village corporations established under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act in carrying out Section 14(C) of the Act. Under that Section the villages are required to reconvey lands for certain purposes soon after they become owners of lands which they have selected. Lands must be reconveyed to those who were users of the land when the Act passed (December 18, 1971), to the municipalities for purposes of corporation and to agencies responsible for the operation of airports. The handbook also provides guidelines for general village land planning. The handbook is accompanied by a supplement entitled 'Discussion of Legal Issues Related to 14(C) Reconveyances, 6/23/74.'
Joint Federal-State Land Use Plann Comm for Alaska733 West Fourth Avenue, Suite 400
Anchorage, AK USA 99501
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport operations; Airports; Cities; Cities and towns; City planning; Communities; Federal government; Guidelines; Handbooks; Land use; Laws; Planning; Policy; Public land; Regulations; State government
- Geographic Terms: Alaska
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00180491
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1978 12:00AM