GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR THE DESIGN OF POINTS AND CROSSINGS (UIC 54 AND UIC 60 RAIL PROFILES) ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS CONCERNING THE DESIGN OF SWITCHES AND CROSSINGS
This report deals with requirements concerning the design of switches and crossings. It studies the installation of junction work in the general alignment of tracks notably concerning: their installation on curve, the effect on couplings, loading gauge, cant and speed of negotiation in curved or winding situations. It shows a method for choosing optimum forms of certain items of ironwork affecting safety against derialment (switch toes and crossing noses). Finally, the document defines economic conditions in the selection of constituent parts.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1968-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Crossovers; Derailments; Point demerit systems; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Safety; Structural design; Superelevation; Technology; Turnouts; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Switches; Track design
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Points; Question d72; Rail design
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00040058
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D72/RP 5/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 22 1976 12:00AM