STUDY OF NUCLEAR AND ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SYSTEMS: ENERGY MODELING FOR AN UNCERATIN FUTURE--SUPPORTING PAPER 2
This report details the work of the Modeling Resource Group (MRG) of the Synthesis Panel of the NRC Committee on Nuclear and Alternative Energy Systems, which had two principal aims. One is the estimation of impacts of changes in certain policy (e.g., morotoria on nuclear technologies on the one hand or relaxed environmental standards on the other) and realization (e.g. GNP growth rate and availability of various energy resources) variables on a number of important outcome variables (e.g. production, consumption, supply and demand, and energy prices), according to several different energy models that have been devised in recent years. The other is to examine in a systematic way the economic desirability of government funded research and development of certain energy technologies (with emphasis on breeder reactors) in the presence of uncertainty, incorporating responses to new information about the realizations of uncertain variables and estimates of the best target dates for completion of the research and development projects.
- This report was prepared by the Modeling Resource Group Synthesis Panel of the Committee on Nuclear and Alternative Energy Systems, National Research Council.
National Academy of Sciences-Natl Research CouncilCommittee on Nuclear and Alternative Energy Systems
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 225 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Development; Energy; Forecasting; Gross national product; Mathematical models; Nuclear reactors; Policy; Prices; Regulations; Research; Supply
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Research and development; Supply and demand
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Law; Policy; Research;
- Accession Number: 00180448
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM