COMBINED MILITARY AND COMMERCIAL APPLICATION OF LIGHT HELICOPTERS
This discussion will present an overview of light helicopters of less than 4000 pounds gross weight used by both military and commercial aviation, Hughes Helicopters background in light helicopters, the design considerations and criteria used in the development of these helicopters, and the Army's entry into light helicopter development. It also offers some conjecture on the design considerations and criteria which might be used to develop a next generation light-weight, multi-purpose helicopter which could be used suitably by both military and commercial aviation.
- AGARD Conference Proceeding No. 233; Rotorcraft Design; Paper presented at Flight Mech Panel Symposium, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffet Field, California, May 16-19, 1977.
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Cohen, E E
- Amer, K B
- Moore, R E
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Civil aircraft; Development; Helicopters; Military aircraft; Research; Vehicle design; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design; Research and development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00180429
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: AGARD Paper 10 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM