SIKORSKY S-76 PROGRAM
The S-76 is a new helicopter designed for the commercial market in general, and in particular, is designed to serve the off-shore oil market and meet its requirements; that is to carry 12 passengers and a crew of two on a 400 nautical mile radius mission with flotation equipment and operate IFR Category A. A definite requirement exists for a long range, over water helicopter to transport crews to and from the oil rigs. The S-76 is designed to that mission. All this is to be achieved in a helicopter weighing less than 10,000 lbs.
- AGARD Conference Proceeding No. 233: Rotorcraft Design; Paper presented at Flight Mech Panel Symposium, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffet Field, California, May 16-19, 1977.
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Donovan, R F
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Civil aircraft; Helicopters; Instrument flying; Offshore construction; Offshore structures; Petroleum industry; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: Sikorsky S-76 helicopter
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore operations
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Design; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00180425
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: AGARD Paper 13 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM