AIR TRANSPORT OF LIVESTOCK -- ENVIRONMENTAL NEEDS
Guidelines are presented for the shipment of livestock by air freight. Recommendations are made for air temperatures, humidity levels, air movement, barometric pressure, ventilation rate, air quality, and thermal shock to provide for safe and humane transportation of livestock.
- Presented at the ASAE Winter Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, December 13-16, 1977.
American Society of Agricultural Engineers2950 Niles Road, P.O. Box 410
St Joseph, MI USA 49085
- Stevens, D G
- Hahn, G L
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Air transportation; Commodities; Environmental engineering; Food; Freight traffic; Humidity; Livestock; Pressure; Safety; Temperature; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00180416
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASAE 77-4523 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM