TRANSPORTATION LINES ON THE GREAT LAKES SYSTEMS 1977
This annual revision of Transportation Series Number 3 contains information of the vessel operators and their American flag vessels operating or available for operation on 1 October 1977 on the Great Lakes System in the transportation of freight and passengers. The names of the vessel operators are listed alphabetically in Table 1. Each line carries Engineer District number and the name and business address of the operator. Tables 2 lists the operators in alphabetical sequence and describes each vessel operated by indicating its net register tonnage, register and overall lengths, register and overall breadths, draft (both loaded and light), horsepower, carrying capacity in short tons or units of cargo and number of passengers, heights of fixed superstructures, cargo handling equipment, vessel operating base, and year built or rebuilt. Table 3 lists the type of service, principal commodities carried, and waterways upon which and the location between which the services are conducted.
- Compiled under the supervision of the Division Engineer, U.S. Army Engineer Division, Lower Mississippi.
Army Engineer DistrictWaterborne Commerce Statistics Center; Foot of Prytania
New Orleans, LA United States
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Directories; Ferries; Freight transportation; Inland waterways vessels; Merchant vessels; Operations; Passenger transportation; Registers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Merchant ships
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship descriptions (Great lakes vessels)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00180414
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of the Army
- Report/Paper Numbers: Transport Series 3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM