ALTERNATIVE SCENARIOS FOR FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION POLICY -- VOLUME 1, SUMMARY
The research described evaluates the economic effects of existing and prospective federal policies governing intercity and international freight and passenger transportation enterprises in the economy of the United States. The analysis encompasses all modes of transportation, including rail, motor, water, air and intermodal coordinative institutions, and focuses upon the impact of alternative regulatory policies.
- See also Volume 2, Policy Review and Scenario Development; Volume 3, An Integrated Policy Model for the Transportation Industries; and Volume 4, Network Models for Transportation Policy Analysis.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Friedlaender, A F
- Simpson, R W
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Competition; Costs; Deregulation; Domestic; Economic analysis; Economics; Federal government; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Intercity transportation; Intermodal transportation; International; International transportation; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Policy; Policy making; Rail marine interface; Regulations; Regulatory signs; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation policy; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation costs
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; National transportation policies; Transport policies/national; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Law; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00180394
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-77-78
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM