RAILROAD ACCIDENT REPORTS-BRIEF FORMAT, ISSUE NUMBER 3--1976
This publication contains briefs of 63 selected railroad accidents, occurring in U.S. railroad operations during calendar year 1976. The brief format presents basic facts, conditions, circumstances, and probable cause(s) in each instance. Additional statistical information is tabulated by types of accident, and casualties related to types of accidents, carriers involved, and causal factors. Numbers: R-76-168 through R-76-171; R-76-173 through R-76-190; R-76-193 through R-76-194; R-76-196 though R-76-221; R-76-223; R-76-225 through R-76-231; R-76-233 through R-76-237.
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Accident Investigation, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1978-6-8
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Collisions; Crash causes; Crash investigation; Derailments; Human factors; Statistics; Trespassers
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00180372
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Transportation Safety Board
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-RAB-78-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM