EARLY WARNING REPORT--FINANCIAL CONDITION AND PROSPECTS OF CONRAIL
The staff study uses a number of productivity and efficiency measurements to assess ConRail's performance, and the results are largely negative. Much of this information is not new, however. It was previously included in a report made public by the United States Railway Association. ConRail has subsequently made some changes in top management and has developed, as the ICC report says, an "innovative and unique approach" to railroad marketing. While important changes have occurred, one must continue to be concerned about ConRail's poor performance.
Interstate Commerce Commission,
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Car utilization (Railroads); Competition; Deficits; Finance; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Government funding; Management; Operating costs; Productivity; Quality of service; Statistics; Traffic forecasting
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Management methods
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00180359
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM