GROUND-TO-TRAIN TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEM FOR A. C. ELECTRICAL TRACTION RAILWAYS
The control and supervision of railroad traffic necessitates an efficient system of communication between running trains and fixed control centers. This problem has been solved in Italy in various ways. One approach calls for using the electric traction line of the railroad as the physical transmission bearer. A first theoretical study of the train-to-ground communication system was made to fix the basic transmission characteristics, and then an engineering plan was developed to allow for the system implementation in the railroads. The experience gathered from field work and from several systems installed have provided further information on the problems related to this type of transmission. This paper discusses some aspects of the problem and presents results of investigations on the subject.
- EUROCON '77-Eur Conf on Electrotech, Conference Proceedings on Commun, Venezia, Italy, May 3-7, 1977. Volume 1, Papers 1, 4, and 3.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Morelli, P
- Riva, G P
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Electric railroads; Electric trains; Positive train control; Railroad electrification; Railroads; Technology; Telecommunications
- Candidate Terms: Electric traction
- Geographic Terms: Italy
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00180312
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: n 77CH1257-5 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM