NEED TO IMPROVE REGULATORY REVIEW PROCESS FOR LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS IMPORTS
This report documents reasons for, and adverse impacts of, the lengthy regulatory review process required of proposals to import liquefied natural gas. GAO recommends that the Secretary of Energy analyze various alternative energy sources and natural gas substitutes. If it is determined that liquefied natural gas imports are necessary to supplement dwindling domestic gas supplies, the Secretary should streamline the regulatory review process.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1978-8-14
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Imports; Liquefied natural gas; Policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng imports
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00180236
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: U.S. General Accounting Office
- Report/Paper Numbers: ID-78-17
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM