HANDBOOK ON MATERIALS FOR SUPERCONDUCTING MACHINERY, INCLUDES DATA SHEETS FOR FIRST AND SECOND SUPPLEMENTS, NOVEMBER 1975 AND JANUARY 1977
The major objective of this second supplement, as for the first supplement and the handbook, is to present data that could be used effectively in the development of new concepts in superconducting machinery. Information was collected on the mechanical, thermal, electrical, and magnetic properties of selected structural materials and welds for designers and users of equipment that will be exposed to cryogenic temperatures. The data are presented as "best-value" numbers from compilations of data in the temperature range 0 to 300 k.
- See also Handbook on Materials for Superconducting Machinery. (Mechanical Thermal, Electrical, and Magnetic Properties of Structural Materials Including Data Sheets for the First Supplement) AD-A023228, and Handbook on Materials for Superconducting Machinery, AD/A-002698.
Battelle Columbus LaboratoriesMetals and Ceramics Information Center
Columbus, OH USA 43201
- Hucek, H J
- Wilkes, K E
- Hanby, K R
- THOMPSON, J K
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 858 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum alloys; Composite materials; Copper alloys; Cryogenic materials; High speed rail; Mechanical properties; Nickel alloys; Polymers; Propulsion; Ships; Stainless steel; Superconductivity; Thermal properties; Titanium alloys
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced propulsion; Superconductive ship propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00180233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MCIC-HB-04S2
- Contract Numbers: NBS-OST-8303
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM