MARITIME TRANSPORT 1977
The 24th Annual Report prepared by the Maritime Transport Committee covers developments of interest in the field of shipping during 1977 and, wherever possible, the early part of 1978 and sets recent developments within the framework of longer-term trends in international shipping and trade. Chapter I describes international shipping developments during 1977 in the context of national and international shipping policies. Chapters II and III discuss recent trends in shipping demand and supply. Chapter IV shows how the interaction of supply and demand was reflected in the world freight markets during 1977 and the early months of 1978. The report is accompanied by a statistical annex which brings together the principal elements of international seaborne trade and bulk commodities, the world fleet and the various freight markets.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)2, rue André Pascal
Paris, France 75775 Paris Cedex 16
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Demand; Freight traffic; International trade; Liner shipping; Markets; Policy; Shipping; Statistics; Tankers; Trade; Trend (Statistics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk cargo statistics; Freight markets; International shipping policies; Shipping statistics; Shipping trends; Tanker demand; World tanker fleet
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00180232
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM