SPECIFICATIONS FOR APPROVED JOURNAL ROLLER BEARINGS APPLICABLE TO INTERCHANGE FREIGHT CARS
The revisions to these specifications for journal roller bearings for interchange freight cars include: design changes regarding life expectancy, lubrication seals and lubrication; manufacturing requirements regarding material quality, dimensions, and markings; instruction changes for assigning approval numbers when making application to the AAR; and the laboratory inspection and tests required for AAR approval. Clearance outline and limiting dimensions are shown for seals and seal fit for freight car roller bearings.
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001-1564
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Equipment design; Freight cars; Lubrication; Railroad cars; Size; Specifications; Technology; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00040005
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 22 1973 12:00AM