THE AIRPORT CITY AND THE FUTURE INTERMODAL TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM BOOK
The connection between city development and the prevalent mode of transportation is considered for the various periods of transportation development, taking into account also the present time transportation development, taking into account also the present time in which air transportation has become a very important factor. A planner looking for a suitable industrial site might find an appropriate location in a cargo center which provides maximum economy in transferring goods and materials between truck, rail, air, and ship. It is concluded that a new era in transportation is beginning. The system of the future will offer new intermodal and transmodal features. The emerging new concept of planning is examined in detail, giving special attention to the role of general aviation. Attention is given to market factors for airport projects, design factors for airport projecs, office and industrial parks, cargo and distribution facilities, travel facilities, resorts, attractions, planned airport communities, jetport cities and metro complexes, a geographical index of reported projects, and a checklist of factors for planning large-scale developments.
Conway Publications, IncorporatedPeachtree Air Terminal
Atlanta, GA USA
- Conway, H M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 336 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Airport planning; Airports; City planning; Economic factors; General aviation; Industrial areas; Industrial buildings; Location; Market research; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport design
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport location
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Freight Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00180150
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM