FIELD AND LABORATORY INVESTIGATION OF SLOPE FAILURE OF RAILROAD CUTS IN STIFF CLAY, SOUTHWESTERN, IOWA
This report is concerned with the predictability of slope failures based upon research conducted on three sites of the Chicago, Rock Island, and Pacific Railroad. As a result, the authors suggest that the safety factor can be predicted when slope dimensions, ground water conditions and soil shear strength are known. The Swedish methods of Slices was utilized in the slide analysis.
Chicago, IL United States 60605
- Publication Date: 1961-2
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Costs; Embankments; Maintenance management; Safety; Shear properties; Slope failure; Soil mechanics; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00039999
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR-ER-11
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM