CRITERIA FOR ASSESSING THE ACCEPTABILITY OF AIRPORT NOISE NUISANCE. VOLUME 1--THE ROLE OF SOCIAL JUSTICE
Research into community noise problems has provided methods by which environmental planners may estimate the total impact of a given noise exposure. The special problem of aircraft noise nuisance with respect to notions of social justice is discussed. The general role of social justice in contemporary policy-making (the actual position) is compared with the ideal notions of justice which would be defined in an ideal world (the original position). The variation between this ideal notion and other notions of justice applicable to the airport conflict (airport position) are also discussed in the relation to airport policy-making.
Loughborough University of TechnologyDepartment of Transport Technology
- Deva-Aditya, N J
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport noise; Annoyance; Impact studies; Legal factors; Noise; Policy; Public relations
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport noise/community reaction; Nuisance
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Law; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00180124
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: TT-7503-V1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM