Efforts to meet FAR 36 noise emissions standards for subsonic transport aircraft and jet aircraft are discussed. Retrofitting of the existing fleet to bring it into compliance with FAR 36 was reviewed. Comparative effectiveness with time of three alternative aircraft modification programs in reducing impacted land area within VEF 30 + noise exposure contours at major U.S. airports is given.
- Prepared for Hearings before the Subcommittee on Aviation of the Committee on Public Works and Transportation, 94th Congress, 2nd Session, September 9, 1976.
United States House of RepresentativesCommittee on Public Works and Transportation
Washington, DC USA 20515
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Far field; Forecasting; Health hazards; Jet propelled aircraft; Noise; Retrofitting; Subsonic aircraft; Tolerance (Physiology)
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise emission; Noise exposure forecast
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00180121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM