LABORATORY STUDIES OF JOURNAL BOX LUBRICATION MATERIALS THIRD PROGRESS REPORT
The purpose of the Research Program was to compare and evaluate different means for lubricating the conventional solid type bearing journal box assembly as applied to railway cars, with the ultimate objective of establishing a factual basis for recommendations covering possible revisions of practices and material specifications leading to increased safety and improved service performance. No final conclusions covering definite specification requirements could be made based on early finding in the program.
Chicago, IL United States 60605
- Publication Date: 1950-8
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Journal boxes; Lubricants; Lubrication; Railroad cars; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039996
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR-MR-188
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM