VIBRATIONS OF LARGE MARINE STRUCTURES
For this study of the hydro-elastic coupling of large offshore structures during free and forced vibrations, the Author (of the Institut Francais du Petrole) analyses the dynamic response of an elastic cylinder, of comparatively large diameter, standing vertically in the sea and subjected to severe loads from waves and earthquakes. The analysis, which takes into acccount the influence of the structure's added mass (this "modal" added mass differs from that of a rigid structure), is explained in some detail, its range of validity is examined, and a numerical example is given. A number of conclusions are drawn. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,741.
- Paper presented at 1978 Meeting.
Association Technique Maritime et Aeronautique47 rue de Moneeau
75008 Paris, France
- Bratu, C
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic loads; Force; Hydroelasticity; Offshore structures; Structural analysis; Vibration; Waves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Structural vibration; Wave forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00180071
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM