OSCILLATION OF FLOATING BODIES SUBJECTED TO WAVE ACTION
A detailed description is given of the development, by the Authors in collaboration with the Institut Francais du Petrole, of a computer program for calculating the motions of any floating body under the action of regular waves in an infinite water-depth. For the mathematical model, a prefect fluid is assumed and all boundary conditions are linearised; solution is by a method of singularities in which a distributin of the Green mixed type is used. The program covers excitation forces, hydrodynamic coefficients, and the amplitude and phase of the six fundamental motions of the floating body, and is valid for any geometrical form of the body and any frequency of the incident waves. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,848.
- Presented at the 1978 Meeting.
Association Technique Maritime et Aeronautique47 rue de Moneeau
75008 Paris, France
- Guevel, P
- Daubisse, J C
- Delhommeau, G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Floating structures; Hydrodynamics; Motion; Studies; Wave motion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Floating bodies
- Old TRIS Terms: Motion studies; Wave action
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00180065
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM