RAILWAY CAR CURVE NEGOTIATION STANDARD METHOD OF CALCULATION
This method may be used to determine the minimum horizontal or vertical curve and tangent any two coupled cars can negotiate. Tables are included giving dimensions pertinent to the standard coupler applications when draft gears are in normal position. The formulas presented are simplified empirical equations resulting from studies of exact methods and actual car service data.
Standard Coupler Manufacturers,
- Publication Date: 1963-12-20
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Curved track; Freight cars; Gears; Mathematical models; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Tangent track; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Draft gears
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Mathematical studies
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00039989
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Circular No. 2163-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM