ALUMINUM-BRONZE CASTINGS: REGULATIONS FOR THE SUPPLY OF GOOD-QUALITY PRODUCTS
Complex aluminum-bronzes, containing nickel and iron and used for castings for various components in the sea-water systems of ships of the French Navy, have satisfactory mechanical properties, excellent corrosion-resistance, and good weldability. In the production of these castings, a number of official regulations have to be observed in the interests of good service performance; they concern chemical composition, heat treatment, soundness of the casting, and repair by welding. The Authors, of the naval establishment at Indret, discuss these alloys and their properties, with special reference to the regulations concerning the acceptance of castings produced for the French Navy, under the main headings: 1. Introduction; 2. Alloys used by the French Navy; 3. Properties of the Complex Aluminium-Bronzes; 4. Official Approval of Suppliers; 5. Influence of Casting Defects; and 6. Repair Procedures. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,744.
- Paper presented at 1978 Meeting.
Association Technique Maritime et Aeronautique47 rue de Moneeau
75008 Paris, France
- Groix, F
- Guegan, F
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum alloys; Casting; Metal heating; Nickel alloys; Repairing; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Casting methods; Repair welding
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00180041
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM