EXPERIMENT ON RUDDER CAVITATION AND ITS PREVENTIVE MEASURES
Follow-up surveys of container-ships in dock, and model tests of rudders simulating the actual state of the ships, have revealed that cavitation occurs predominately at the bottom of the rudder, the port side of the rudder and at the centre rudder gudgeon. This paper briefly introduces a few typical experiments using the IHI Cavitation Tunnel and outlines preventive measures. Order from: BSRA as No. 48,760.
- Proceedings of the 14th International Towing Tank Conference, held Ottawa, September 1975. Also available from National Research Council of Canada, Montreal Road, Ottawa, Ontraio K1A 0R6, Canada.
National Research Council of Canada1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0R6
- NISHIYAMA, S
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Rudders
- Old TRIS Terms: Model testing
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00180032
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM