GREASE FOR ROLLER BEARINGS
This article reports the findings of Committee E18d to determine greases to be used for roller bearing lubrication. Factors to be considered include: vehicle speed, grease type, bearing and axle box design, axle load and ambient temperature. The test program resulted in a set of test criterion for lubricants.
- Question E18 Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-7
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Journal boxes; Lubricants
- Old TRIS Terms: Question e18
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039975
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE Publ No. 21 Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM