This document gives an overview of alternative forms of energy conversion which are of interest to electrified railways. The forms of energy conversion discussed include fuel cells, thermo-electric generators, thermionic generators, thermionic generators, magneto-plasma dynamic generators. The conclusions are that only thermionic generators are the only form which appears promising in the immediate future.
- Question A89. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-7
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic efficiency; Electrical properties; Equipment design; Fuels; Generators; Motors; Railroad electrification; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a89
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039974
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE Publ No. 21 Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM