NEW INSULATING MATERIALS FOR OVERHEAD CONTACT SYSTEMS
The report is concerned with testing of synthetic materials which may be used as insulators for overhead contact systems of electrical railways. The use of such materials is especially of interest for rough environments such as tunnels, mixed traction systems and coastal areas. The duplication of these conditions is described for laboratory testing.
- Question E54. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-7
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Electric insulating materials; Electrical properties; Insulating materials; Plastics; Railroad electrification; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Question e54
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039973
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE Publ No. 23 Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1975 12:00AM