A GUIDE TO CONCRETE ROAD CONSTRUCTION (THIRD EDITION)
The third edition of this guide, which is in question and answer format, includes sections on subgrades and sub-bases, design, reinforcement, joints, concrete and quality control, construction and plant, separation membrane, surface finishes, edge details and road markings, maintenance and repairs. A section is also included on special construction, in particular continuously reinforced concrete paving and block paving. Both conventional fixed form paving and slip form paving methods are covered, with all the ancillary plant and equipment used in a modern concrete construction project. References to current specifications and to more extensive reading are included. Some information is given on concrete paving work similar to road construction, such as car parks, container depots and some aspects of airfield construction.
- This report may be helpful to those interested in the design of pavements for cargo terminals.
Her Majesty's Stationery OfficeAtlantic Ho, Holborn Viaduct
London EC1P 1BN, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 82 p.
- Volume: 3
- TRT Terms: Airports; Base course (Pavements); Concrete; Concrete pavements; Construction; Construction management; Continuous structures; Continuously reinforced concrete pavements; Equipment; Joints (Engineering); Maintenance; Parking facilities; Pavement design; Pavement joints; Paving; Reinforced concrete; Rigid pavements; Slip form pavers; Slip form paving; Specifications; Subbase (Pavements); Subgrade (Pavements); Teams; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport construction; Subbase
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Joint; Marking
- ITRD Terms: 916: Car park; 4755: Concrete; 3666: Construction method; 9006: Continuous; 5211: Cracking; 3674: Equipment; 3617: Injection (mater); 2998: Joint (structural); 3847: Maintenance; 5483: Movement; 3055: Pavement design; 4794: Reinforced concrete; 3471: Reinforcement (in mater); 3635: Repair; 2964: Rigid pavement; 2961: Roadbase; 3660: Slip form paver; 5231: Spalling; 2950: Subgrade; 8119: United kingdom; 9090: Working group
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Materials; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I32: Concrete; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00179873
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM