YPS IN SALT
This study was undertaken to determine the best method of sampling and preparation of rocksalt for the determination of the anticaking agent Sodium Ferrocyanide deca-hydrate (YPS). Two methods were compared, one a splitting technique and the other a homogenizing technique. The homogenizing technique was found to be superior. This technique was applied to the analysis of YPS in five different salt stockpiles throughout the State, and to the analysis of YPS in different areas of a single stockpile to determine the variation of YPS both among and within salt stockpiles. A recommended sampling procedure is presented using the homogenizing technique. The colorimetric method of chemical analysis of YPS used in this study is given in the Appendix.
Bangor, ME USA 04402
- de Berry, W J
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical analysis; Colorimetry; Deicing chemicals; Halite; Homogeneity; Sodium compounds; Splitting (Communications)
- Old TRIS Terms: Homogenizing; Splitting
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00179835
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Pap. 78-8
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM