DEVELOPMENT OF AN INSTRUMENTATION PACKAGE TO RECORD FULL-SCALE SHIP SLAM DATA
An instrumentation set has been developed for use in investigating the slamming experience of a full-scale ship. Methods for treating both bow-flare and bottom-slamming have been considered. A radar altimeter was used to sense the relative height of the wave at the transducer location in order to determine the relative velocity between the bottom or the bow of the ship and the wave at the instant of slam.
- Performed for the Ship Structure Committee; Final Report on Project SR-1235, "Full-Scale Ship Slam Investigation."
Payne, Incorporated1933 Lincoln Drive
Annapolis, MD United States 21401
- Band, EGU
- Euler, A J
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending moments; Bending stress; Force; Hulls; Hydrodynamic pressure; Impact; Instrumentation; Pressure; Prototype tests; Slamming; Stresses; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics; Waves
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull bending moments; Hull response; Hydrodynamic forces; Impact pressure; Instrumentation technology; Wave forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00179817
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-274 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00024-76-C-4399
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM