REGULATIONS FOR THE STOWAGE AND LASHING OF CONTAINERS ABOARD SHIPS
This report is divided into the following four sections: Section 1--Description of various stowage and lashing systems. (A) On-deck stowage of containers (stowage without lashing or buttressing; on-deck lashing of containers; buttress system stowage) (B) Below-deck stowage of containers (Cell guide system construction; stowage and lashing without cell guide structures). Section 2--Design Principles. (A) Calculation of the lashing and shoring forces (general assumptions; lashing force determination; container shoring in the cargo hold; safety values for container lashing elements) (B) Design of the cell guide structures (general; permissible stresses; load athwartships; load fore and aft; vertical load). Section 3--Materials and testing. (A) Scope and type of tests (constructional Check; materials testing and individual testing; welding; on-board acceptance testing) (B) Definition of the loads. Section 400 Annex (A) Calculation of the lashing forces acting upon a block of containers.
Germanischer Lloyd86 Neuer Wall
D-2000 Hamburg 36, Germany
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Decks (Ships); Dynamic loads; Lashing; Regulations; Safety; Securing and joining equipment; Static loads; Stowage; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Container lashing; Container securing systems; Container stowage; Container stress; Containers on deck; Deck stowed containers; Static loading
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00179814
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM