CORROSION PREVENTIVE COMPOUND
The Naval Air Development Center has developed and evaluated a new type of corrosion preventive compound. This compound, designated AMLGUARD (MIL-C-85054 (AS)), combines excellent water/salt-water displacement capabilities with corrosion inhibiting properties. When applied, it drives out any existing moisture and air dried to form a clear, continuous, dry and relatively hard coating. The coating is resistant to abrasion, adverse weather and normal cleaning procedures, but can be easily removed with common solvents such as mineral spirits. While originally developed to prevent corrosion on naval aircraft, the compound has numerous other applications. It is compatible with all metallic surfaces and does not degrade existing paint systems. The response received from the military units that used the material under operational conditions confirms the laboratory testing and indicates that AMLGUARD is far superior to any of the prior corrosion control compounds.
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: n.p.
- Navy Technology Transfer Fact Sheet
- Volume: 3
- Issue Number: 5
- Publisher: National Technical Information Service
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Corrosion resistant materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00178124
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of the Navy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1978 12:00AM