THE NATIONAL SHIPBUILDING RESEARCH PROGRAM: REPORT OF THE SHIP PRODUCTION COMMITTEE
The paper reviews the progress of the title program, a six-year-old cooperative effort by Government and industry to improve U.S. ship production methods. Appended are Ship Production Committee status reports, in tabular form, on the four major research and development projects ongoing under the program: welding; ship producibility; outfit and production aids; and surface preparation and coatings. A status report is given also for the Research and Engineering for Automation and Productivity in Shipbuilding (REAPS) Program.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1623789
- Ellsworth L. Peterson, Chairman of the Ship Production Committee, is President of Peterson Builders Incorporated, Report was presented at a Special Symposium on the National Shipbuilding Research Program, October 6-7, 1977, sponsored by the Hampton Roads Section of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: p. 266-273
- TRT Terms: Automation; Coatings; Production control; Productivity; Ship outfitting; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Surface preparation; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Outfitting; Shipyard automation; Welding techniques
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00179628
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1978 12:00AM